Awhile back I wrote a web scraping app to monitor Kijiji for stuff that I'm interested in and I have in the past been lucky and found some really good stuff, my Fuji bike was one of those free bikes and even my winter commuter. So when I wanted to get a fat bike I added that keyword to the list of things for it to find and luckily it found one for a reasonable price, I've actually thought about buying this bike brand new online however I'll settle for something used for the price point I got it for.
Update Nov 16: got the mud flaps on, made it from neoprene cabinet liners and duct tape... and it does work! Was raining a bit last night and there were puddles everywhere, so I made sure to ride over those puddles and my shoes remained dry! Well there were a bit of water on the side but I figure I have to make the bottom part of the flap a little bit wider, I'll make sure to do that for version 2.0
For this year instead of installing my Schwalbe Marathon Winters on my previous commuter, I plan to use this single speed bike I got off Kijiji. I'm hoping that the gearing would be enough for winter and that not having derailleurs would mean not having to worry about them breaking. The bike also seems lighter compared to my usual winter bike as it doesn't have the suspension forks in the front, no cassette, 2 less chain rings and no derailleurs.
I couldn't find any info about this bike online though, I'm guessing it must just be another BSO, only decals I could find where TUNDRA T-2000 Paul Mar cycle and Ishiwata CrMo.
I have decided not to continue my winter beater project, never liked how this bike felt and the twist shifter felt awkward for me. Figured that even if I wear out the components I could easily go back to Recycle Cycles and replace the parts. Also got the fender mounting screws and bolts from them and even though my bike had no mounting eyelets on the fork I was able to attach the fenders.
Also transferred the bar ends from the Horizon and it is quite nice specially when you're just cruising along. Switched tires to my Schwalbe Marathon Winters which I run at minimal psi when there's thick snow on the ground. I've been able to ride them at 35 psi on deep snow, higher than that and they just don't work as well.
To combat rust I've been spraying the drive train components with Rustoleum and so far things look promising, hopefully I'll get more life out of my parts before they need to be replaced.